Curious? Let’s check out whether asana is good for the thyroid gland or bad. a thyroid problem is not cured by yoga asanas but it helps to prepare your body and mind to fight against the problem mentally and prepare your body physically for more read below
Yoga may carry many advantages to your general well-being and prosperity of your physical and mental health. It can adjust the energy of your inner soul, boost flexibility, and reduce pressure. There is a bond between stress and hypothyroidism(link of hypothyroidism), there are certain yoga asanas that help to adjust thyroids that are either underactive or overactive.
Is yoga really helping cure thyroid?
There are some studies that have shown the beneficial outcome of yoga in working on thyroid capability. Remember that these postures can’t fix your thyroid Problem. Yoga is used as a complimentary treatment to fix your thyroid gland problem by overcoming the negativity of your mind to boost the cure which you are following by medical authority or a doctor. It shouldn’t be considered as a substitution for any remedies or medical treatment that you are following.
Search for a certified yoga instructor who can assist you with assembling a tweaked grouping that will be valuable to your condition. Take advice or consult your doctor before the start of yoga
Let us we what is the thyroid gland.
Our body has different organs/glands which help to produce various types of chemicals(hormones) that are thusly liable for specific work in the body. The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped organ/gland that is operated in the neck, which produces thyroid chemicals(hormones) that are significant for our metabolism in simple languages for digestion. Too extreme or too minimal thyroid chemicals (hormones) both lead to problems/troubles. Diet, workout, and a correct way of the standard of living can assist with adjusting the levels of this hormone.
In simple language, the thyroid gland is a little organ at the front of your neck that creates substances (hormones) that control the manner by which your body develops and works.
Yoga connection with thyroid
A very reliable and effective remedy to treat thyroid is to practice yoga asanas. Different studies found that the daily habit of yoga helps you to put down your stress level,
consequentially it affects the thyroid gland and its production. Not even about thyroid problems Yoga can help in the overall well-being of our bodies and it is even proved in various past studies. Its benefits to keeping up the level of cholesterol and thyroid-generated hormones. This is especially found in women that yoga-practicing women having thyroid problems and getting better and faster results.
Benefits of yoga on thyroid problems
The benefits of daily performing yoga are that it can help with both hyper and hypothyroidism. Yoga asanas developed blood circulation in the body, which improves hormone generation/production. They reinforce the neck and aim to stimulate the throat where the thyroid gland is present. Here we need to understand one thing you will get results late because yoga is a slower process but the matter of consistency is important while practicing yoga, then you will get results as you want but it takes time so patience is important.
Let’s begin with the important topic you all waiting for
Yoga asana for thyroid
Amongst the following asanas consider throat-invigorating. They help to improve blood circulation and energy flow all over the thyroid and stretch and reinforce the neck.
Tips/caution before performing ↓
- know your body limit before or while performing asanas.
- be dedicated and keep it simple.
- You can change or adjust the postures to suit your atmosphere of body.
4.No need to perform all asana/yoga poses in one session. Take your time and do it perfectly.
- You can attempt one or two yoga poses/yoga asana amongst day, my preference is of morning
Yoga Asanas For Hypothyroidism/Yoga poses For Hypothyroidism
1.Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana)
//upload image here//
- shoulder stand or Sarvangasana is probably known as “Queen of asana”
- Sarva means all, “anga” means part of the body, and asana refers to the posture which means that this asana of for “all part of the body” thus it is called SARVANGASANA.
- how to perform
- Take a yoga mat and take a blanket below your shoulder for support.
- Lie level on your back with your arms close to your body and your palms should face down.
- Push your arm downward and get support from the floor.
- On an inhale, pull your legs up to ninety degrees.
- Slowly bring your legs toward your head.
- You can give support of your hand to your back from the downside.
- After balancing and lifting up, give support to hips using hands.
- Balance feet/legs in the air and start counting numbers as per your capability.
- Slowly reverse the process by releasing your pose
- Bring your legs down slowly.
- Bring your arms back close to the body.
- On a breathe-in, gradually roll your spine down vertebrae by vertebrae and lift your legs to ninety degrees.
- Breathe out as you bring down your legs to the floor.
- Plow Pose (Halasana)
//upload image here//
This asana gets its name from the cultivating hardware called plow, utilized by the peasants in India. The hardware is utilized to set up the soil for planting the seeds. This posture helps the spinal line that begins from the neck and dives deep down to the tailbone. “It helps in delivering the strong pressure that frequently raises a ruckus around town. Halasana manages the exercises of the thyroid and pituitary organs” as per research.
3.Bridge Pose (Setubandhasana)
By its name ” SETUBANDHASANA” you can easily understand that is bridgepose because in indian sanskrit language “SETU” means bridge, “BANDHA” means block or lock and you know asana means posture in yoga. This asana helps in decreasing sadness, stress, and tension and quiets the cerebrum,”as per study from yoga professional.
This pose is very simple to do even for “BEGINNER”. first lie your body over yoga mat or surface. Then straight your hands facing downwoard toward the foot palm and push hands downward toward surface at same time push up the hip with supporting legs as shown in image and count numbers in mind as per your capability then relax to the mat surface.
4.Child Pose (Shishu asana)
In Indian language “SHISHU” means child or chindren , and asana means yoga posture. It is commonly observe this pose when child wakeup from sleep. The extream relaxation posture, child pose (Shishu asana) is also known as “BALASON”. The major helps of this asana is to resolve issues of Migraines and reduce stress . It also majorly impact on your hip, thigh, chest, shoulder, neck.
5.Corpse Pose (Shavasana)
There is no need to specific instruction and this asana is performed at end of the your yoga session. It is very basic and easy to perform asana that every one is performing in sleeping,but apart from joke, in this asana just lie flat on mate and leave ypur body to relax manner.
it’s an incredible method for unwind and destress. In this pose relax your body and try to hold breath for long time although this not come sudden but practice makes you perfect.
Some tips and Instructions for Yoga
- Yoga is not a cure so consult with doctor about problem.
- Yoga is just a Supplimentary.
- Consistency in yoga helps to improve thyroid-gland solution.
- While performing yoga always think that, the part of body is affected or not for that you are peroming yoga.
- Before starting new workout plan if you have any disease or any problem please please consult doctor.
- Never hold yoga pose than extreame your capacity.
- Beginners should try basic asana at start then go to extream.
- Start yoga with MEDITATION at begining so it makes u confident.